Connect, Interact, and Engage
Connect, interact, and engage with the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) during the 2014 Chemical and Biological Defense Science and Technology (CBD S&T) Virtual Conference. DTRA, executing the Joint Science and Technology Office function within the Chemical and Biological Defense Program, is holding this unique event held entirely in a virtual environment capable of housing videos, presentations, real-time chats and messaging. The virtual event will be held in the Spring 2014.
The 2014 CBD S&T Virtual Conference offers attendees the opportunity to examine the best, newest, and most dynamic developments in basic and applied research within the chemical and biological defense landscape. Attendees will be able to interact and collaborate with other researchers concerning the medical and physical sciences related to chemical and biological defense. Attendees will also have the opportunity to interact with DTRA science and technology managers and other members of the chem-bio technologies team.
Through keynote, oral, and poster presentations, the virtual conference will address key areas of foundational research, including:
- Novel Threat and Disruptive Chemical and Biological Discovery;
- Dynamic Functional Materials;
- Applied Mathematics and Innovative Computational Tools;
- Flexible Design, Synthesis and Manufacturing; and
- Systems Biology and Engineering
Plus areas of increased focus, including:
- Disease Surveillance, Characterization and Point of Need Diagnostics;
- Adaptive Medical Therapeutics and Technologies;
- Rapid Response and Recovery Science and Technology; and
- Threat Activity Sensing and Reporting